Team Desk Setup Vs Private Desk Setup – Differences, Pros And Cons Explained
In the office environment, you have a range of different teams. Some people need to work in a team set up and others at private desks.
Some examples of team set ups, are call centres, sales teams, customer care teams, etc.
Examples of private desk set ups include managerial employees, office-based supervisors, Human Resources, etc.
There are different aspects to consider when setting up an office.
Team Desk Set Up South Africa
A team should be grouped together in an office space, to ensure optimal workflow. In call centres, sales teams and customer care teams, employees need to be able to communicate with each other quickly and efficiently. Having them set up in a cluster/workgroup, will ensure that this happens.
Some Pros of a team set up
- Easy communication between team members without having to use email or telephone lines
- Idea sharing among team members
- Discussion of a client problem, and resolving the issue
- Space saving component
Some Cons of a team set up
- Noise levels can be a problem, and some employees may find it difficult to concentrate
- Additional socialising over and above tea and lunch breaks
- Noise levels can be a problem to other members in the organisation as well
A team desk set up is set up to have employees seated in a group of 4 or more and have them grouped in their specific roles in the organisation.
Private Desk Set Up South Africa
Other members of an organisation need to have private desks for numerous reasons. Managerial, supervisory and Human Resource employees work with confidential information, and need to work apart from the rest of the organisation’s members.
Some Pros of a Private Desk Set Up
- Employees who have private desks, are easier able to conduct private meetings
- Easier control over confidential information not being conveyed to the wrong parties
- Less noise at a private desk
Some Cons of a Private Desk Set Up
- Employees may feel isolated from the rest of the organisation’s members
A private desk set up can be in an office or at a secluded spot in an office space, to allow for privacy.
All opinions expressed in this article are not the onus of the publisher nor supplier.