How to Clean Office Chairs – Office Furniture Maintenance 101
You probably already know how to best wipe down your computer monitor and organize your desk drawers. If you’re really good, you probably tackle these tasks pretty often. But one thing in your home office that gets overlooked by even the biggest clean freaks? The office chair.
A dusty and stained office chair may leave a great impact on your performance. Your workspace and everything related to it should be clean and organised neatly in a way that they motivate you to work more and work efficiently.
For instant cleaning, you can follow these simple steps every two weeks or so, to keep your office chair clean and durable.
- Use the upholstery cleaner of the vacuum cleaner to clean the seat of your chair. Do this process every 15 days to keep the seating area of your office chair clean.
- Use a damp cloth to clean the castors. Regular cleaning would give easy movement to your chair.
- The gas cylinders should be lubricated regularly.
- Use a damp cloth to clean the frame of your chair. You can use diluted vinegar for better results.
- To make sure all controls are work fine for a longer duration, operate all of them every 15-20 days.
- Tighten all the screws and bolts every 3 months.
- Spray fabric freshener to keep your office chair smelling fresh.
How to Clean Leather Office Chairs
Leather should be treated well and cleaned using a branded leather conditioner. Branded conditioner gives a noticeable shine to your chair and keeps the leather young and healthy. Alternatively, you can also use lanolin based baby wipes for cleaning your leather office chairs. Baby wipes not only make your leather chair shine more but also moisturise the hide. If you see a crack in the leather, rubbing some petroleum jelly would work. Follow these simple maintenance tips to give your investment a long life and clean look.
How to Clean Mesh Office Chairs
As compared to leather office chairs, mesh office chairs need more care. The mesh needs to be vacuumed on a regular basis. Make sure you are not using soapy water to clean the moving parts and attachments in your mesh office chair. If your chair has stains, use a spot cleaner to remove them. If the manufacturer recommends dry cleaning products, go ahead and use them. Avoid spoiling the look of your chair by rubbing gently on the mesh when cleaning.
How to Clean Vinyl Office Chairs
They are the easiest to clean and maintain. Soapy water and a brush would all you need to clean your vinyl office chair. Soapy water would clean even the toughest stains present on them.
Source credit: https://www.housefull.com/blog/for-an-all-girly-workspace
Cover Image Credit: YouTube